- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Portland Restaurant Reviews
Lovers of ethnic foods have their pick of Chinese, French, Indian, Peruvian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Middle Eastern, Tex-Mex, Thai, and Vietnamese specialties. Most of the city's trendier restaurants and reliable classics are concentrated in Nob Hill, the Pearl District, and downtown. A smattering of cuisines can also be found on the east side of town as well, near Fremont, Hawthorne Boulevard, Sandy Boulevard, and Alberta Street.
Compared to other major cities, Portland restaurants aren't open quite as late, and it's unusual to see many diners after 11 pm even on weekends, though there are a handful of restaurants and popular bars that do serve late. Many diners dress casually for even higher-end establishments; jeans are acceptable almost everywhere.
Browse Portland Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- May deal: SpringHill Suites Portland Airport Fr $114+/Nt Expedia
- May deal: Shilo Inn Suites Portland Airport Fr $122+/Nt Save with Expedia, $9/night less
- Dream Deal: BEST WESTERN Inn At The Meadows 4 Nts + Air Fr $331 Expedia
- $11.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Portland Hotwire
- Save in Portland: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $160+/Nt — $160 Expedia