- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chef Greg Higgins, former executive chef at the Heathman Hotel, focuses on ingredients from the Pacific Northwest and on organically grown herbs and produce while incorporating traditional French cooking styles and other international influences into his menu. Start with a salad of warm beets, asparagus, and artichokes, or the country-style terrine of venison, chicken, and pork with dried sour cherries and a roasted-garlic mustard. Main courses, which change seasonally, might include dishes made with Alaskan spot prawns, halibut, duck, or pork loin. Vegetarian options are available. A bistro menu is available in the adjoining bar, where comfortable leather booths and tables provide an alternative to the main dining room.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99-$149 -- Central Oregon Resort w/Mountain Views, 45% Off The Lodge at Eagle Crest
Way too short, needless to say, but I think we got a lot in and saw some amazing locations, met very friendly people and ate some scrumptious food!
We were visiting family in Lynn, MA and drove north o Read more
A quick overview of where we ate during out 10 days on MDI
Morninglory Bakery Cafe is our favorite, we prefer quick, smallish breakfasts. Read more
Hello, my husband and I are taking a road trip from Michigan to New England in early August. Read more
· News & Features
The James Beard award winners were just announced this week, so the race is on to try and get a table ... Read more
Even before you get to Portland, there are a few things you know you'll find—great food and drink... Read more
You want to be the one who knows the Next Big Trip, don't you?... Read more