Shopping in Portland
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
One of Portland's greatest attributes is its neighborhoods' dynamic spectrum of retail and specialty shops. The Pearl District is known for chic interior design and high-end clothing boutiques. Trek over to the Hawthorne area and you'll discover wonderful stores for handmade jewelry, clothing, and books. The Northwest has some funky shops for housewares, clothing, and jewelry, while in the Northeast there are fabulous galleries and crafts. Downtown has a blend of it all, as well as bigger options, including the Pioneer Place Mall and department stores such as Nordstrom and Macy's.
No Portland shopping experience would be complete without a visit to the nation's largest open-air market, Saturday Market, where an array of talented artists converge to peddle handcrafted wares beyond your wildest do-it-yourself dreams. It's also open Sunday.
Portland merchants are generally open Monday to Saturday between 9 or 10 am and 6 pm, and on Sunday noon to 6. Most shops in downtown's Pioneer Place, the east side's Lloyd Center, and the outlying malls are open until 9 pm Monday to Saturday and until 6 pm on Sunday.
Browse Portland Shopping
- Gifts / Souvenirs
- Jewelry / Accessories
- Music Stores
- Outdoor / Flea / Green Markets
- Outlets / Discount Stores
Browse Portland Shopping By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines