Southern Oregon Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
The other wine region. The underrated Umpqua and Rogue River wine regions offer picturesque pastoral views and numerous tasting rooms. The warmer climate and varied terrain makes southern Oregon conducive to many more varietals than the more famous Willamette Valley.
Oregon Shakespeare Festival. This acclaimed festival draws drama lovers to Ashland nine months a year, and presents a wide variety of theater at three distinctive venues.
Quaint towns. Southern Oregon's own throwback to the Old West, Jacksonville abounds with well-preserved buildings and diverting eateries and bed-and-breakfasts. Ashland claims one of the prettiest downtowns in Oregon, with its hip cafés and urbane boutiques.
Wild wonders. Each fall more than 1 million waterfowl descend upon Klamath Basin National Wildlife Refuge Complex. The Rogue River is Oregon's white-water rafting capital.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $77.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Klamath Falls Hotwire
- 3-Star Running Y Ranch Fr $116+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $12/night less
- $19.95 & up : Economy rentals in Medford Hotwire
- Small budget: Book Days Inn Klamath Falls 3 Nts in May Fr $56+/Nt — $56 Expedia
- $25.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Medford — $26 Hotwire