- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Medford is the professional, retail, trade, and service center for eight counties in southern Oregon and northern California. As such, it offers more professional and cultural venues than might be expected for a city of its size. The workaday downtown shows signs of gentrification and rejuvenation in recent years, and in the outskirts you'll find several major shopping centers and the famed fruit and gourmet-food mail-order company Harry & David.
Lodging tends to be cheaper in Medford than in nearby (and easily accessible) Ashland or Jacksonville, although fairly bland chain properties dominate the hotel landscape. But it's 71 mi southwest of Crater Lake and 80 mi northeast of the Oregon Caves, making it an affordable and convenient base for visiting either park.
Medford at a Glance
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $69.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Klamath Falls Hotwire
- $60 & Up: Cheap Klamath Falls Stay Save with Hotels.com, $15/night less
- $31.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Klamath Falls Hotwire
- Klamath Falls Savings! Book at Days Inn Klamath Falls Fr $56+/Nt — $56 Expedia
- $26.95 & up : Compact rentals in Klamath Falls — $27 Hotwire