- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There's thrilling class-III and higher white-water rafting along the North Umpqua River, with several outfitters providing trips ranging from a few hours to a few days throughout the year.
North Umpqua Outfitters. Since 1987, this trusted provider has offered both half- and full-day rafting and kayaking trips along the frothy North Umpqua. Idleyld Park, OR. 888/454-9696. www.nuorafting.com.
Oregon Ridge & River Excursions. This popular company offers white-water rafting and kayaking throughout the Umpqua Basin, along with milder canoeing adventures on nearby lakes. Idleyld Park, OR. 541/496-3333. www.umpquarivers.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Klamath Falls Savings! Book at Days Inn Klamath Falls Fr $56+/Nt Expedia
- 3-Star Running Y Ranch Fr $116+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $12/night less
- $31.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Klamath Falls Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Comfort Inn & Suites Fr $106+/Nt — $106 Expedia
- $26.95 & up : Compact rentals in Klamath Falls — $27 Hotwire