- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Government Camp is an alpine resort village with a bohemian vibe and a fair number of hotels and restaurants. A bonanza of ski and mountain-biking trails converge at "Govy," and it's a convenient drive to Welches, which also has restaurants and lodging. Several of Mt. Hood's five ski resorts are just outside town, and the rest are a convenient drive away.
Government Camp at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Visit The Dalles for Less: Hotels Fr $89+/Nt Travelocity