- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bonneville Hot Springs Resort and Spa
At a Glance
- glorious grounds
- impressive architectural detail
- attentive and knowledgeable spa staff
- the Pacific Crest Trail passes directly through the property
- must reserve spa appointments separately from room reservations
- the dull, boxy exterior belies what's inside
Check Rates from our Partners
Bonneville Hot Springs Resort and Spa Review
Enter an architectural wonderland of wood, iron, rock, and water, water everywhere—owner Pete Cam and his sons built the resort to share their love of these historic mineral springs with the public, especially those seeking physical renewal. The three-story lobby, with its suspended black iron trestle, Paul Bunyan-size river-rock fireplace, and floor-to-ceiling arched windows, is magnificent to behold. The unique redwood-paneled, 25-meter indoor lap pool is adjacent to an immaculate European spa, offering more than 40 candlelit treatments (mineral baths, body wraps, massages). Rooms are spacious, with upscale furnishings.
Other pools may excel in size or glitz, but the pool at the Bonneville offers a uniquely soothing experience in a picturesque natural setting. Nearby hot springs provide warm, mineral-rich water to the recently renovated spa and pool, and the unbeatable Columbia River Gorge location make it worth a special trip. Lifeguards are present at regular hours, making this an excellent choice for families.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99-$149 -- Central Oregon Resort w/Mountain Views, 45% Off The Lodge at Eagle Crest
This past weekend I travelled with a group of friends to Southern Oregon.- started in Eugene We travelled south on I-5 to Oakland, an old historic town. The main street consists mostly of antique stores Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
We (husband and 6 yr old son) will be flying to Seattle on July 4th, staying the weekend. Read more
· News & Features
We're sure your friends' Instagram photos of their puppies are super cute, but Brad Tully's animal snaps... Read more
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more