The Oregon Coast Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Oregon Coast Restaurant Reviews
Deciding which restaurant has the best clam chowder is just one of the culinary fact-finding expeditions you can embark upon along the Oregon Coast. Chefs here take full advantage of the wealth of sturgeon, chinook, steelhead, and trout found in coastal rivers. Fresh mussels, shrimp, and oyster shooters are also standard fare in many establishments. Newport's bounty is its Dungeness crab. When razor clams are in season, they appear as a succulent addition to restaurant menus throughout the state. Also popular are desserts made from Oregon's wealth of blueberries, marionberries, and huckleberries.
Away from the upscale resorts, most restaurants tend to be low-key and affordable. There are many hearty pizza establishments, and tasty fish-and-chips are easy to come by. In addition, Oregon Coast restaurants proudly serve reds and whites from Willamette Valley wineries and rich ales from local or on-site breweries.
Browse Oregon Coast Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe