The Willamette Valley and Wine Country Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Swirl and sip. Each region in the Willamette Valley offers some of the finest vintages and dining experiences found anywhere.
Soar through the air. Newberg's hot-air balloons will give you a bird's-eye view of Yamhill's wine country.
Run rapids. Feel the bouncing exhilaration and the cold spray of white-water rafting on the wild, winding McKenzie River outside Eugene.
Walk on the wild side. The Jackson Bottom Nature Preserve gives walkers a chance to view otters, beavers, herons, and eagles.
Back the Beavers or Ducks. Nothing gets the blood pumping like an Oregon State Beaver or University of Oregon Ducks football game.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Visit Eugene for Less: Hotels Fr $69+/Nt Travelocity
- 3-Star Red Lion Eugene Fr $73+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $36/night less
- $16.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Eugene Hotwire
- $102.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Eugene — $102 Hotwire
- $15.95 & up : Compact rentals in Eugene — $16 Hotwire