- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Salem is located on I-5 with easy access to Portland, Albany, and Eugene. Hut Portland Airport Shuttle (503/364-4444 www.portlandairportshuttle.com) provides transportation to Portland International Airport, which is located 1 hour and 15 minutes away. Salem's McNary Field no longer has commercial airline service, but serves general aviation aircraft.
Bus transportation throughout Salem is provided by Cherriot's (www.cherriots.org). Amtrak operates regularly, and its train station is located at 500 13th Street SE.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Eugene Savings! Book at Welcome Inn Eugene Fr $147+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Eugene for Less: Hotels Fr $69+/Nt Travelocity
- $15.95 & up : Economy rentals in Eugene Hotwire
- $144 & Up: Cheap Eugene Stay — $144 Save with Hotels.com, $42/night less
- $19.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Eugene — $20 Hotwire