Greyhound buses travel to and within Oregon, providing frequent service on popular runs. Sunset Empire Transportation provides transportation between Portland and Astoria Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and also serves the north coast cities of Astoria, Warrenton, Hammond, Gearhart, Seaside, and Cannon Beach. Porter Stage Lines connects Florence and Coos Bay with Eugene. People Mover travels on Highway 26 between Bend and John Day.
People Mover (541/575-2370. www.grantcountypeoplemover.com.)
Porter Stage Lines Coos Bay. 541/269-7183.
Sunset Empire Transportation Astoria. 503/861-7433. www.ridethebus.org.
In Portland, TriMet provides one of the finest mass transit systems in the country. Its downtown bus is free, and connects to MAX light rail stations for faster commutes in and out of town to the suburbs and to the airport. It runs about every 15 minutes most of the day, every day. Service is less frequent in the early morning, at midday, and in the evening.
TriMet Mass Transit. 503/238-7433. trimet.org/max.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines
- $59-$84 -- New Orleans Historic Mansion near French Quarter BookIt.com
- $89-$112 -- New Orleans French Quarter Hotel w/Drinks BookIt.com
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $599 & up -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Summer Cruises American Express Travel