Pennsylvania Dutch Country Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Pennsylvania Dutch Country
Amish country life: Experience a traditional way of life that continues despite the intrusion of the modern world.
Lancaster's Central Market: Visit the nation's oldest continuously operating farmers' market, which dates to the 1730s.
Plenty in store: Shop till you drop in Adamstown, a small town with three major markets—Renninger's, Stoudt's Black Angus, and Shupp's Grove—selling all manner of antiques, collectibles, and coins.
Gettysburg Battlefield: This sacred ground offers a stirring history lesson about the U.S. Civil War. The new Gettysburg Museum and Visitor Center is worth a visit in itself, with state-of-the-art exhibits and the Gettysburg Cyclorama, an 1884 painting of Pickett's Charge, which if unfurled would be longer than a football field.
Sweet times: You can't go wrong with a visit to a place inspired and built by chocolate—Hershey—site of a grand hotel, famed amusement park, and other attractions.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $151.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Lancaster Hotwire
- Book in Lancaster Fr $153+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $66/night less
- $16.99 & up : Compact rentals in Lancaster Hotwire
- $88.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Lancaster — $88 Hotwire
- $21.59 & up : Full Size rentals in Lancaster — $22 Hotwire