Fishing in Philadelphia
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fairmount Park. On the banks of Wissahickon Creek and Pennypack Creek you can find good trout fishing; call the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission for information. Both creeks are stocked for the mid-April-December season. You'll need a license ($22.70 for Pennsylvania residents, up to $26.70 for a one-day tourist), available at local sporting-goods stores as well as big retailers like Kmart and Walmart. 877/707-4085. www.fish.state.pa.us/license.htm.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $55 -- Cirque du Soleil Big Top Show near Philly, Reg. $70 Cirque du Soleil