Basketball in Philadelphia
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Philadelphia consistently produces first-rate basketball prospects, and vigorous, competitive pickup games can be found at hundreds of courts around the city.
Philadelphia 76ers. The Philadelphia 76ers play at the Wells Fargo Center from November to April. Tickets start at $10.
Wells Fargo Center (3601 S. Broad St., South Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, 19148. 215/339-7676. www.nba.com/sixers.).
Collegiate Big Five basketball. Collegiate Big Five basketball features teams from LaSalle, St. Joseph's, Temple, the University of Pennsylvania, and Villanova. The season runs from December to March. Big Five Office, the Palestra, 235 S. 33rd St., University City, Philadelphia, PA, 19104. 215/898-4747. www.philadelphiabig5.org.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $55 -- Cirque du Soleil Big Top Show near Philly, Reg. $70 Cirque du Soleil