Competitive Running in Philadelphia
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Broad Street Run. The Broad Street Run, a 10-miler down Broad Street, is a May event. 215/683-3594. www.broadstreetrun.com.
Penn Relays. Penn Relays, held in April, is one of the world's oldest and largest amateur track meets, with more than 350 races and events. Franklin Field, 33rd and Spruce Sts., Philadelphia, PA, 19104. 215/898-6145. www.thepennrelays.com.
Rock & Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon. The Rock & Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon, formerly known as the Philadelphia Distance Run, is the country's premier half-marathon, with more than 7,000 runners completing a 13-mi course through downtown and along the Schuylkill River. The event includes live music from rock & roll bands. runrocknroll.competitor.com/philadelphia.
Philadelphia Marathon. The Philadelphia Marathon runs through Center City and along the Schuylkill River and is held the Sunday before Thanksgiving. 215/683-2122. www.philadelphiamarathon.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $55 -- Cirque du Soleil Big Top Show near Philly, Reg. $70 Cirque du Soleil