- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Chef Mark Vetri blew into town from New York, where his cooking had garnered all sorts of kudos. This tiny space was formerly home to such stellar restaurants as Le Bec-Fin. The magic of the location seems to be working again as Vetri's deft hands turn out such specialties as spinach gnocchi, wild boar ragu on chestnut fettucine, and a strange-sounding but exquisite dessert known as chocolate polenta soufflé. Diners choose from four seasonal $135 prix-fixe tasting menus, including the inventive degustazione menu made up of a series of small courses of Vetri's design. Some complain that the portions are too small, and all complain that reservations are too hard to come by—the average backlog is two months.
- Address: 1312 Spruce St., Center City East, Philadelphia, PA, 19107 | Map It
- Phone: 215/732-3478
- Website: www.vetriristorante.com
- Location: Center City East
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No lunch. Closed 2 weeks in Aug., 1 week in Jan.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $55 -- Cirque du Soleil Big Top Show near Philly, Reg. $70 Cirque du Soleil
Thanks in advance to all the people here who helped in the planning of this - both last year and this year! Read more
Okay, I'm a philistine when it comes to art; I knows what I likes, and that's about it. Read more
Aloha to all of you,
as we - meaning my better half and I (both in our late twenties) - are planning a four week trip to the east coast of the US, I'd love to hear some suggestions regarding our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines. ... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more