- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Cabs cost $2.70, plus 23¢ per 0.10 mi thereafter. They're plentiful downtown and throughout Center City—especially along Broad and Market streets and near major hotels and train stations. At night, during primetime hours, your best bet is to go to a hotel and have the doorman hail a taxi for you. Or, you can call for a cab, but they frequently show up late and occasionally never arrive. Be persistent: calling back if the cab is late will often yield results. Recently, each cab in Center City has been outfitted with a credit-card machine, so you can pay your fare using a major credit card, just tell the driver to put the meter in "time off" mode when you are ready to pay. The standard tip for cabdrivers is about 20% of the total fare.
Olde City Taxi (215/338-0838. www.215airport.com.)
Quaker City Cab (215/726-6000.)
Yellow Cab (856/963-4100.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $55 -- Cirque du Soleil Big Top Show near Philly, Reg. $70 Cirque du Soleil