- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Brandywine Valley's major attractions are less than an hour's drive from each other, so you can cover a fair amount of ground. In just a few days' time you can explore quiet country roads, admire the art collections and gardens of some of the region's best-known families, visit key sites from the Revolutionary War, taste a little wine, and hike, walk, or bike along some of the area's most lovely byways.
The Brandywine Valley. Ruled by two families, the Wyeths and the du Ponts, there are many reasons to stay awhile here, whether it's to take in the quintessential Brandywine vistas or explore other top attractions like Winterthur and Longwood Gardens.
Valley Forge. The two main draws of Valley Forge are at odds with one another—George Washington's Revolutionary War encampment at Valley Forge National Historical Park on the one hand and the King of Prussia mall on the other.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $55 -- Cirque du Soleil Big Top Show near Philly, Reg. $70 Cirque du Soleil