Boating in Block Island
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Block Island Boat Basin. The boat basin has a small grocery store with marina supplies for boaters. West Side Rd., New Harbor, RI, 02807. 401/466-2631.
Pond & Beyond. Pond & Beyond offers guided, wildlife-oriented kayak trips around the Great Salt Pond from its location behind Smuggler's Cove Restaurant. Children 12 and older can take custom tours designed to their skill level, while younger kids will be happy to hang out at the sea life touch tanks run nearby by the Block Island Maritime Institute. Ocean Ave., New Harbor, RI, 02807. 401/578-2773. www.blockisland.com/kayakbi.
Aldo's Boat Rentals. Just off the Champlin's Marina docks, Aldo's Boat Rentals offers all sorts of fun on the quiet waters of the Great Salt Pond, from leisurely, no-skill-required pontoon boats to small, zippy Hobe Cat sailboats. Bumper boats and paddleboats are fun for kids, or fish for fluke from center-console powerboats. Champlin's Marina, West Side Rd., New Harbor, RI, 02807. 401/466-2700.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1149* -- Auckland RT Air w/Free 2-Night Hawaii Stopover PacificIslands.com
- $89-$112 -- New Orleans French Quarter Hotel w/Drinks BookIt.com
- $108 & up -- Waikiki Beach Hotel w/Oceanarium & Spa, 35% Off BookIt.com
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $599 & up -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Summer Cruises American Express Travel