- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Payne's Harbor View Inn
At a Glance
- relatively inexpensive for luxurious feel
- kayak rentals
- Wi-Fi and TVs
- bar does not serve hard alcohol
Payne's Harbor View Inn Review
This 2002 inn, designed to blend with the island's historic architecture, occupies a breezy hillside overlooking the Great Salt Pond and just minutes from Crescent Beach. Rooms are larger, more modern, and better appointed than those of many of its Victorian-era rivals. Some rooms have private decks with water views, and two large suites offer in-room Jacuzzis. A spacious, yet private back porch and Adirondack-strewn lawn area remain relatively undiscovered despite commanding views. There's a small but good menu of light fare, and a bar serving beers and wines and fresh-fruit sake cocktails.
- Address: Ocean Ave. and Beach Ave., Block Island, RI, 02807
- Phone: 401/466-5758
- Location: Block Island
- 10 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines
- $83 & up -- D.C. Hotel w/Wi-Fi & Daily Breakfast, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $59-$84 -- New Orleans Historic Mansion near French Quarter BookIt.com
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $599 & up -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Summer Cruises American Express Travel
Memorial Day marks the beginning of nice weather for the year and we planned the first trip of the year to Rhode Island. Read more
If you don't travel with young kids, then this report may bore you.....
I see posts now and then about families looking for things to do with their young children. So here is my informal trip report abou Read more
Got a super deal at the Goat Island Hyatt in mid June -- $179 a night for waterfront room with resort fees waved, free parking, free internet, and full breakfast. Read more
· News & Features
A new shore-side hotel opened earlier this month in chic Newport, Rhode Island offering everything from ... Read more
Visitors to Newport are met with tons of splurge-worthy activities from yachting to the annual jazz festival,... Read more
The Providence Biltmore, an iconic hotel that has made its mark on the city's skyline for years, has bee... Read more