Providence Travel Guide
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New England
New England's second-largest city behind Boston (with a population of 175,000) came into the 21st century as a renaissance city. Once regarded even by its own residents as an awkward stepchild of nearby Boston, Providence has blossomed into a clean, modern, cultural and gastronomical hub. With dozens of outstanding restaurants, Providence—home to the Johnson & Wales University College of Culinary Arts—legitimately lays claim to being a stellar dining destination.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Providence is small enough that you can easily reach every neighborhood from any other, making restaurant locations less of a factor than in larger cities...read more
Things To Do in Providence
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $107.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Providence Hotwire
- Save at 4-Star Renaissance Providence: $192 & Up in May Expedia
- $11.08 & up : Midsize rentals in Providence Hotwire
- $87.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Providence — $87 Hotwire
- $10.95 & up : Compact rentals in Providence — $11 Hotwire
Banished by the Puritans of Massachusetts for his then-seditious advocacy of separation of church and state and criticisms of New World leadership... Read more
A new shore-side hotel opened earlier this month in chic Newport, Rhode Island offering everything from... Read more
Visitors to Newport are met with tons of splurge-worthy activities from yachting to the annual jazz festival,... Read more
The Providence Biltmore, an iconic hotel that has made its mark on the city's skyline for years, has bee... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Memorial Day marks the beginning of nice weather for the year and we planned the first trip of the year to Rhode Island. Read more
If you don't travel with young kids, then this report may bore you.....
I see posts now and then about families looking for things to do with their young children. So here is my informal trip report abou Read more