Department of Environmental Management's Division of Licensing. For information on where to buy licenses for freshwater fishing, contact the Department of Environmental Management's Division of Licensing. 401/222 - 3576. www.dem.ri.gov.
No license is needed for saltwater fishing.
Appalachian Mountain Club. One of the best trail guides for the region is the AMC Massachusetts and Rhode Island Trail Guide, available at local outdoors shops or from the Appalachian Mountain Club. 5 Joy St., Boston, MA, 02108. 800/262-4455. www.amcnarragansett.org.
Audubon Society of Rhode Island. The Audubon Society of Rhode Island leads interesting hikes and field expeditions around the state. 12 Sanderson Rd., Smithfield, RI, 02917. 401/949-5454 - 5454. www.asri.org.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1149* -- Auckland RT Air w/Free 2-Night Hawaii Stopover PacificIslands.com
- $149 & up -- Vegas: 5-Diamond Venetian Resort, Save 50% BookIt.com
- $79 & up -- 4- & 5- Star Vegas Hotels, up to 65% Off BookIt.com
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $599 & up -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Summer Cruises American Express Travel