- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Charleston Hotel Reviews
Charleston has gained a reputation, both nationally and internationally, not only as one of the most historic and beautiful cities in the country but also as one that offers superior accommodations. It is a city known for its lovingly restored mansions that have been converted into atmospheric bed-and-breakfasts, as well as deluxe inns, all found in the residential blocks of the Historic District. Upscale, world-class hotels are in the heart of downtown as are boutique hotels that provide a one-of-a-kind experience. Most are within walking distance of the shops, restaurants, and museums housed within the nearly 800-acre district.
Chain hotels pepper the busy, car-trafficked areas (like Meeting Street). In addition, there are chain properties in the nearby areas of West Ashley, Mount Pleasant, and North Charleston, where you'll find plenty of Holiday Inns, Hampton Inns, Marriott Courtyards, and La Quinta Inns. Mount Pleasant is considered the most upscale suburb; North Charleston is the least, but if you need to be close to the airport, are participating in events in its Coliseum, or aim to shop the outlet malls there, it is a practical, less expensive alternative.
Overall, Charleston is a lifetime memory, and to know it is to love it. The city's scorecard for repeat visitors is phenomenal. Now Charleston is a port of embarkation for cruise ships, and most cruisers wisely plan on a pre- or post-cruise stay. The premier wedding and honeymoon destination also draws many couples back for their anniversaries.
ResortQuest. For condo and house rentals on Kiawah Island or Seabrook Island, call the Kiawah Island branch of ResortQuest. 2 Beachwalker Dr., Kiawah Island, SC, 29455. 800/544-8222. www.resortquestcharleston.com.
ResortQuest. For rentals on Isle of Palms, Sullivan's Island, or Wild Dunes Resort, call the Isle of Palms branch of ResortQuest. 1400 Palm Blvd., Charleston, SC, 29451. 800/247-5050. www.resortquestcharleston.com.
Browse Charleston Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- May deal: Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District Fr $279+/Nt Expedia
- Super Low Charleston Rate: Book Fr $152+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $97/night less
- Dream Deal: Elliott House Inn 4 Nts + Air Fr $635 Expedia
- Cruise Through The Bahamas with Carnival Cruise Lines Fr $249 Expedia
- $15.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Charleston Hotwire