Sights & Attractions in Charleston
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in West of the Ashley River
Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site
This park commemorates the site of the original 1670 settlement...
|Parks||West of the Ashley River|
Considered the nation's finest example of unspoiled Palladian-inspired...
|Architectural Sites||West of the Ashley River|
Located in idyllic countryside 40 minutes from downtown Charleston...
|Wineries / Breweries||West of the Ashley River|
Magnolia Plantation and Gardens
Owner Thomas Drayton came from Barbados in 1671 and created this...
|Houses / Mansions, Gardens / Arboretums||West of the Ashley River|
This former plantation is home to America's oldest landscaped...
|Gardens / Arboretums||West of the Ashley River|
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $89.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Charleston Hotwire
- Book in Charleston: Save this May Fr $487+/Nt Expedia
- Save on Your Vacation: 3 Nts Andrew Pinckney Inn + Air Fr $639 Travelocity
- $239 & Up: See Charleston with Carnival Cruise Lines 5 Nts Expedia
- $14.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Charleston Hotwire