Sights & Attractions in Great Smoky Mtns. National Park
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Choice Sights in Great Smoky Mtns. National Park
The Cherokee name for this 6,800-acre valley is Tsiyahi, place...
|Historic Districts / Sites||Tennessee Side|
Cades Cove Loop Road
This 11-mi loop through Cades Cove is the most popular route...
|Scenic Drives||Tennessee Side|
This is one of the most memorable and eeriest sites in all of...
|Historic Districts / Sites||North Carolina Side|
Chimneys Picnic Area
Chimneys, just off Newfound Gap Road and a little more than 6...
Heintooga Picnic Area
This is our favorite developed picnic area in the park. Located...
|Parks, Restaurants||North Carolina Side|
Newfound Gap Road
Newfound Gap Road is the busiest road in the park by far, with...
|Scenic Drives||North Carolina Side|
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $169 -- Luxe North Carolina Hotel near Biltmore, $50 Off Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville