- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort & Amusement Park. Whenever temperatures fall low enough, the resort makes snow for the eight skiing and snowboarding trails. A single-session chairlift ticket is $33 on weekdays and $51 on weekends. There is also a snow-tubing park with 10 lanes and a 50-foot vertical drop and an ice-skating rink. Rates for snow tubing are $20 per person weekdays and $25 weekends for 1 1/2 hours. Ober Gatlinburg's winter season usually begins in mid-December and ends in early March, although the amusement park is open year-round. 1001 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN, 37738. 865/436-5423; 800/251-9202 snow report line. www.obergatlinburg.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $169 -- Luxe North Carolina Hotel near Biltmore, $50 Off Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville