When to Go
When to Go
Memphis is most beautiful in the spring, which arrives early with a riot of flowers and blooming trees and bushes. Summers can be miserably hot and humid. Winters tend to be brief and mild; snow is a relatively rare occurrence, but the cold winter rains can create some dreary days.
The following are the normal daily temperature ranges for Memphis:
January 31-48°F (-1 to 9°C); February 35-53°F (2-12°C); March 43-63°F (6-17°C); April 52-73°F (11-23°C); May 61-81°F (16-27°C); June 69-89°F (21-32°C); July 73-92°F (23-33°C); August 71-91°F (22-33°C); September 64-84°F (18-29°C); October 52-74°F (11-23°C); November 43-62°F (6-17°C); December 35-52°F (2-11°C).
Major national holidays include New Year's Day (Jan. 1); Martin Luther King, Jr., Day (3rd Mon. in Jan.); President's Day (3rd Mon. in Feb.); Memorial Day (last Mon. in May); Independence Day (July 4); Labor Day (1st Mon. in Sept.); Thanksgiving Day (4th Thurs. in Nov.); Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (Dec. 24 and 25); and New Year's Eve (Dec. 31).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $139.00 & up : 4.5-star hotels in Memphis Hotwire
- Book 3-Star SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown Fr $197+/Nt Expedia
- Super Savings on Memphis 4 Nts Htl + Air Fr $575 Travelocity
- $10.95 & up : Compact rentals in Memphis Hotwire
- $67.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Memphis — $67 Hotwire