- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market Review
This 80,000-square-foot flagship store for the natural/organic supermarket chain's world headquarters in downtown Austin is both a showcase for the company's philosophy and one of the most entertaining supermarkets you'll ever visit. It's been a major tourist attraction (we kid you not) since it opened in 2005. There are several places inside the massive store to enjoy a casual sit-down lunch, and the options are abundant, whether you're craving sushi, pizza, or seafood (we recommend the Fifth Street Seafood Corner). The store also has one of Austin's largest wine selections and a walk-in beer cooler (to keep those six-packs cold). There's ample free garage parking available.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $8 & up -- Car Rentals across Texas CarRentals.com
Okay, we get this little "ski break" early February each year and I'm not much of a skier so I'm always struggling to find a place to go. Read more
We (husband & 9 yr old son) are on an 8 week trip of a lifetime to the US. Read more
My son, 25 yr, would like to take his girlfriend to Fredricksburg to tour some wineries and propose. Read more
· News & Features
Think all you need to do SXSW is a ticket to Austin and a hotel room?... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
Whether it's for SXSW or just to soak up some cool kid vibes, everyone is heading to Austin.... Read more