- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Driskill Grill Review
Dominated by shiny, dark paneling and etched glass, this would-be cattle baron's club inside the Driskill Hotel recalls the palatial restaurants of the 19th century (on a more intimate scale)—until you look at the menu. Executive Chef Jonathan Gelman takes tasteful liberties with the meat-and-potatoes format by integrating world-cuisine influences. Entrées include hot smoked Bandera quail, pistachio-crusted sea scallops, and pan-roasted duck breast. Nightly piano music adds to the charming ambience.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $11.12 & up -- Car Rentals across Texas CarRentals.com
Okay, we get this little "ski break" early February each year and I'm not much of a skier so I'm always struggling to find a place to go. Read more
We (husband & 9 yr old son) are on an 8 week trip of a lifetime to the US. Read more
I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Housto Read more
· News & Features
Think all you need to do SXSW is a ticket to Austin and a hotel room? ... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
Whether it's for SXSW or just to soak up some cool kid vibes, everyone is heading to Austin.... Read more