Nightlife & the Arts in Big Bend National Park
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Big Bend National Park Nightlife
Most of the art in the park can be found on canyon walls—pictographs line the cliffs in the southern area of Big Bend—and inside the walls of the park's visitor centers. There are plans to build a theater in the park by 2016; in the meantime, movies about the park's wildlife and geology are often shown at Persimmon Gap and Rio Grande Village visitor centers.
If you're looking to socialize, try the Rio Grande Village. Chances are, people will be grilling and shooting the breeze in this 100-site campground. Or, head to the Hot Springs if you're in the mood to view the Milky Way with a few other folks (depending on the season). The bulk of the area's fine-arts, festivals, live music, dancing, and other entertainment options lies in towns outside the park's borders.
While the park doesn't have specific entertainment events set up, the crystal-clear nighttime skies, breathtaking from Hot Springs, makes for some stellar (literally) entertainment. Taking in the park's gorgeous sunsets, which range from deep, flamingo-tongue red to indigo to butter yellow, isn't a bad pastime either.
Browse Big Bend National Park Nightlife
Browse Big Bend National Park Nightlife By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99-$149 -- Galveston Beachside Resort thru Spring, 45% Off Holiday Inn Resorts Galveston on the Beach
- $109 -- Houston: Downtown Hotel near Convention Center Courtyard Houston Downtown/Convention Center
- $8 & up -- Car Rentals across Texas CarRentals.com
- $118 & up -- Dallas 4-Star Hotel incl. Weekends, 50% Off — $118 Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $56 -- 4-Star North Dallas Hotel — $56 Hotwire.com