Nightlife & the Arts in Dallas-Fort Worth
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dallas-Fort Worth Nightlife
Both Dallas and Fort Worth are home to world-class art and nature museums, concert halls, and lively bar and dining scenes.
Much of Dallas bar life swirls around lower and upper Greenville Avenue, north of Downtown. Other hot spots include Uptown, especially along McKinney Avenue, Victory Park, anchored by American Airlines Center, and Deep Ellum, just east of Downtown. Fort Worth's scene is mostly Downtown and in the Stockyards.
The best way to sample the local culture is to check the nightlife and entertainment listings in the local newspapers or alternative weeklies, free at many restaurants and hotels. GuideLive.com, a Dallas Morning News site, offers daily suggestions. It's also wise to talk to a concierge, who can tell you about the best place to catch a late-night meal, movie, or a drink.
Browse Dallas-Fort Worth Nightlife
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines
- $118 & up -- Dallas 4-Star Hotel incl. Weekends, 50% Off Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $56 -- 4-Star North Dallas Hotel Hotwire.com
- $8 & up -- Car Rentals across Texas CarRentals.com