- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Billy Bob's Texas
Billy Bob's Texas Review
Visiting Fort Worth and not seeing Billy Bob's Texas isn't quite as bad as going to Paris and skipping the Eiffel Tower—but it's close. Built in an old cattle-pen building, the world's largest honky-tonk is a vast place—the almost 3 acres of indoor space include several bars, pool tables, a Western store, an arcade, a huge dance floor (in lieu of a disco ball, there's a spinning rhinestone-studded saddle), a stage that draws some of country's top acts, and a bull-riding ring (contests are usually held on Friday and Saturday nights).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines
- $118 & up -- Dallas 4-Star Hotel incl. Weekends, 50% Off Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $56 -- 4-Star North Dallas Hotel Hotwire.com
- $8 & up -- Car Rentals across Texas CarRentals.com
Okay, we get this little "ski break" early February each year and I'm not much of a skier so I'm always struggling to find a place to go. Read more
We (husband & 9 yr old son) are on an 8 week trip of a lifetime to the US. Read more
Do we need to rent a car whilst situated at the Embassy Suites Hotel off of South Congress Avenue in Austin, Texas?
We will be there for one week at the end of June.
We have family members there who do Read more
· News & Features
If your experience of Dallas is limited to Gate 36 at the airport, its time to stop laying over and actually ... Read more
To celebrate the 150th anniversary of Cinco de Mayo, Dos Equis is testing the limits of your appetite... Read more
If you're lucky enough to be getting your football fix at Super Bowl XLV on February 6, indulge in anothe... Read more