- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bistro Vatel Review
The bistro is named Vatel, the chef is named Watel, but no matter how you spell it, this up-and-coming spot takes fine French dining to new levels in its elegant dining room. You can go with the reasonable prix-fixe option (lunch is a steal) or mix-and-match entrées such as succulent duck breast or tempura lobster tail with a range of salads and sides. Daily blackboard specials take advantage of the freshest foods and never fail to surprise.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $8 & up -- Car Rentals across Texas CarRentals.com
Okay, we get this little "ski break" early February each year and I'm not much of a skier so I'm always struggling to find a place to go. Read more
We (husband & 9 yr old son) are on an 8 week trip of a lifetime to the US. Read more
Do we need to rent a car whilst situated at the Embassy Suites Hotel off of South Congress Avenue in Austin, Texas?
We will be there for one week at the end of June.
We have family members there who do Read more
· News & Features
Tired of the same ol' tropical getaways?... Read more
Whether you're a cocktail aficionado or a mixology amateur, you'll learn a ton about your favorite drinks... Read more
A bike sharing program, cool new eateries inside an old brewery, chic boutique hotels—would you... Read more