Sights & Attractions in San Antonio
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
San Antonio Sights
Much of downtown San Antonio can be explored on foot or by way of the trolley system that runs frequently between points of interest.
Depending on whom you ask, the number of neighborhoods in San Antonio varies. The San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau breaks the city into quadrants—Northside, Eastside, Southside, and Westside, with museums in the north, heritage sites on the east and west, and missions in the south.
For the purposes of this guidebook, we've broken San Antonio into five primary neighborhoods that fit where visitors tend to go. In the dining and lodging sections we've given the River Walk its own category due to the multitude of restaurants and hotels around the river's banks.
Browse San Antonio Sights
- Amusement Parks
- Architectural Sites
- Castles / Palaces
- Educational Institutions
- Gardens / Arboretums
- Historic Districts / Sites
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $8 & up -- Car Rentals across Texas CarRentals.com