Boating and River Expeditions in Arches National Park
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boating and River Expeditions
Although the Colorado River runs along the border of the park, there is no boating within the park proper. You can, however, enjoy a splashy ride nearby on the Fisher Towers stretch of the river near Moab, and there are plenty of fine outfitters in Moab that can set you up for expeditions.
Outfitters and Expeditions
Canyon Voyages Adventure Co.. Since 1991, Canyon Voyages has been an excellent choice for rafting or kayaking adventures on the Colorado or Green rivers. Don and Denise Oblak run a friendly, professional company that's open year-round. While the majority of their customers take one-day trips, they also offer multiday itineraries, guided tours, and rentals. It's also the only company that operates a kayak school for those who want to learn how to run the rapids on their own. Ask about biking and horseback riding, too. Inside the booking office is a great shop that sells outdoor essentials, including clothing, hats, footwear, and backpacks. 211 N. Main St., Moab, UT, 84532. 435/259-6007 or 800/733-6007. www.canyonvoyages.com.
Holiday River Expeditions. Since 1966, Holiday River Expeditions has offered 1-to-8- day adventures on the Green and Colorado rivers, including inside Canyonlands National Park. Located behind the Comfort Inn in Green River, they also provide horseback adventures and biking the White Rim Trail. 2075 E. Main St., Green River, UT, 84525. 435/564-3273 or 800/624-6323. www.bikeraft.com.
Tex's Riverways. The knowledgeable folks at Tex's Riverways shuttle hikers and boaters up, down, to, and from the Green and Colorado rivers. You can also rent canoes, kayaks, and gear from coolers to portable toilets (which are required on Utah rivers) for your backpacking or river adventure. Friendly expert advice based on more than 50 years of experience is included, but Tex's doesn't do guided tours. 691 N. 500 W, Moab, UT, 84532. 435/259-5101 or 877/662-2839. www.texsriverways.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Moab Hotwire
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Landmark Inn in May: $150 & Up Expedia
- $68.99 & up : Full Size rentals in Moab Hotwire
- Moab Savings! Book at Ramada Moab Downtown Fr $227+/Nt — $227 Expedia
- $62.99 & up : Midsize rentals in Moab — $63 Hotwire