Arches National Park Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Arches Visitor Center Bookstore. Operated by Canyonlands Natural History Association, Arches Visitor Center Bookstore is the place in the park to buy maps, guidebooks, driving tours on CD, and material about the natural and cultural history of Arches National Park. At the park entrance, Arches National Park, UT, 84532. 435/259-6003.
A Naturalist's Guide to Canyon Country, by David Williams and Gloria Brown, is an excellent, compact field guide for both Arches and Canyonlands national parks.
Best Easy Day Hikes: Arches and Canyonlands, by Bill Schneider, is a pocket-size trail guide that should boost your confidence as you hit the trails.
Canyon Country Wildflowers, by Damian Fagan, can help you name the colorful blossoms you see during wildflower season (spring and early summer).
Desert Solitaire—every visitor should read Edward Abbey's classic.
Exploring Canyonlands and Arches National Parks, by Bill Schneider, provides comprehensive advice on hiking trails, backcountry roads, and trip planning.
Hiking Guide to Arches National Park, by Damian Fagan, details all of the park's hiking trails.
Road Guide to Arches National Park, by Peter Anderson, has basic information about the geology and natural history in the park.
Moab Classic Hikes, by Damian Fagan, succinctly gives the skinny on 40 area hikes and includes maps and photos.
Self-Guided Driving Tour CD, by Canyonlands History Association, is like having a ranger in your car; CDs can be rented or purchased.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $116.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Moab Hotwire
- Book 3 Nts in Moab this May Fr $165+/Nt Expedia
- $68.99 & up : Full Size rentals in Moab Hotwire
- Save in Moab: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $227+/Nt — $227 Expedia
- $62.99 & up : Midsize rentals in Moab — $63 Hotwire