When to Go
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
The busiest times of year are spring and fall. In the spring, blooming wildflowers and temperatures in the 70s bring the year's largest crowds. The crowds remain steady in summer as the thermostat approaches 100°F in July and then soars beyond that for about four weeks. In August, sudden, dramatic cloudbursts create rainfalls over red rock walls and dramatic skies for a part of the day.
Fall weather is perfect—clear, warm days, and crisp, cool nights. The park almost clears out in winter, and from December through February you can hike any of the trails in relative solitude. Snow seldom falls in the valley beneath the La Sal Mountains, and when it does, Arches is a photographer's paradise, as snow drapes slickrock mounds and natural rock windows.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $116.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Moab Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Moab Fr $165+/Nt Expedia
- $68.99 & up : Full Size rentals in Moab Hotwire
- Book in Moab: Save at the Ramada Moab Downtown in May Fr $227+/Nt — $227 Expedia
- $62.99 & up : Midsize rentals in Moab — $63 Hotwire