Planning Your Time
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Planning Your Time
Either Ogden or Logan serves as a great base to begin your exploration of this corner of Utah. Both offer plenty of family-friendly and outdoor activities. Plan on a day in Ogden to check out the Salomon Center, Treehouse Museum, and Historic 25th Street. Head west on Route 83 to Golden Spike National Historic Site. If you've had your fill of railroad history, make your way to Honeyville for a cleanse at Crystal Hot Springs. Heading north to Logan, enjoy one of the region's more scenic drives, before settling into this college town with plenty to see both in town and on the Utah State University campus. Stock up on cheese, ice cream, and local produce before the leisurely drive up Logan Canyon to Bear Lake State Park, where boating, swimming, or lounging await you at Rendezvous Beach.
If it's wintertime, a few days is enough time to get a good sense of skiing in northern Utah. Pick from Wolf Mountain, Powder Mountain, and Snowbasin ski resorts. For a taste of what skiing was like before it became a rich person's sport, drive up to Beaver Mountain Ski Resort, or make a trip to Crystal Hot Springs to soak those tired muscles.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Logan Hotwire
- Logan Savings! Book at SpringHill Suites Logan Fr $154+/Nt Expedia
- Comfort Inn on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $99+/Nt — $99 Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Logan Fr $100+/Nt — $100 Save with Expedia, $16/night less