- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The path connecting the towns of Heber and Midway is an easy walk with spectacular views of the Wasatch range at a distance and, up close, the Provo River.
In Wasatch Mountain State Park hikers will find lots of foliage and wildlife on any number of trails in Dutch Hollow, Pine Canyon, and along Snake Creek. 1281 Warm Springs Rd., Midway, UT, 84049. 435/654-0532. www.stateparks.utah.gov.
While the trail system at Soldier Hollow is more exposed than that in the northern end of Wasatch Mountain State Park, hikers will enjoy the stunning view of the east side of Mount Timpanogos as well as the vista of the Uinta Mountains to the east across the Heber Valley. 2002 Olympic Dr., Midway, UT, 84049. 435/654-2002. www.soldierhollow.com.
For a quiet experience, start your hike from the Rock Cliff Nature Center, under tall cottonwoods at the east end of Jordanelle State Park. Hikers often report excellent wildlife viewing along this section of the upper Provo River. No dogs are allowed. Hwy. 32, 10 mi east of Heber, Heber City, UT, 84032. 435/782-3030. www.stateparks.utah.gov.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Visit Provo for Less: Hotels Fr $54+/Nt Travelocity
- Provo Savings! Book at Super 8 Motel Provo BYU Orem Fr $82+/Nt Expedia
- $59.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Provo — $59 Hotwire
- Book in Provo: Save this May Fr $157+/Nt — $157 Expedia
- Visit Provo for Less: Hotels Fr $79+/Nt — $79 Travelocity