- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This tour can take the whole day. Try to start early, because the birds and butterflies are most active during the cool mornings in Red Butte Garden and Arboretum. Spend a large part of your day at This Is the Place Heritage Park, especially in summer, when all of the living history is staged. If you only have half a day, start at Red Butte Garden, This Is the Place Heritage Park or Hogle Zoo, then choose one or two of the destinations depending on your interest.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines