- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pick up maps, ask questions, and otherwise plan your stay at the Salt Lake Convention & Visitor's Bureau, on the east side of the downtown convention center. The office is open weekdays 9-6 and weekends 9-5. If you're at the State Capitol, make your plans at the Utah Office of Tourism, inside Council Hall across the street. Once a meeting place for politicians in the Utah Territory, Council Hall now offers brochures and books on tourist destinations throughout the city and state, and a knowledgeable staff can answer all your questions. A small gift store carries Utah books and gifts.
Salt Lake Convention and Visitors Bureau. 90 S. West Temple, Downtown, Salt Lake City, UT, 84101. 801/534-4900 or 800/541-4955. www.visitsaltlake.org.
Utah Office of Tourism. 300 N. State St., Capitol Hill, Salt Lake City, UT, 84114. 801/538-1030 or 800/200-1160. www.utah.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Visit Salt Lake City for Less: Hotels Fr $89+/Nt Travelocity
- Book 3.5-Star Marriott Salt Lake City University Park Fr $107+/Nt Expedia
- Super Sale! 16 Nts Ramada Limited Salt Lake City + Air Fr $1,175 Travelocity
- $11.99 & up : Full Size rentals in Salt Lake City Hotwire
- Visit Salt Lake City for Less: Hotels Fr $77+/Nt — $77 Travelocity