- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Calf Creek Falls is an easy 6-mi round-trip hike from the trailhead at Calf Creek Recreation Area. At the end of the trail, a large waterfall explodes over a cliff hundreds of feet above. 8 mi south of Boulder on Rte. 12, Boulder, UT, 84726.
If you want to take a few days to hike and backpack in Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, let the professionals at Escalante Canyon Outfitters guide you. Founded in 1991 by a husband-and-wife team with extensive knowledge of the area, the service provides some gear and all meals. 842 W. Rte. 12, Boulder, UT, 84716. 888/326-4453. www.ecohike.com.
Explore the slot canyons in the Boulder vicinity during the spring and fall on three to six individual day trips with Earth Tours Boulder, UT. 435/691-1241. www.earth-tours.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- May deal: Holiday Inn Express Cedar City Fr $138+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Cedar City this May Fr $143+/Nt Expedia
- $26.71 & up : Midsize rentals in Cedar City Hotwire
- Super 8 Cedar City on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $85+/Nt — $85 Expedia
- $25.14 & up : Compact rentals in Cedar City — $26 Hotwire