Southwestern Utah Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Go with the (lava) flow: As you hike along the lower trails of Snow Canyon State Park, look up to see ridges capped in lava from eruptions possibly as recent as 20,000 years ago.
Sit in a stagecoach: Check out the one restored stagecoach that visitors can hop aboard at Iron Mission State Park Museum.
Camp beneath the aspens: The 26 campgrounds in Dixie National Forest might seem like a lot, but it's still easy to lose yourself amid the forest's 2 million acres.
Pay your respects to the Bard: Watch the likes of Othello on a stage that replicates the Old Globe Theatre during the Utah Shakespearean Festival.
Walk where dinosaurs stepped: The St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm would be developed real estate if a backhoe hadn't unearthed ancient footprints in 2000.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Visit St. George for Less: Hotels Fr $89+/Nt Travelocity
- St. George Savings! Book at Ramada Inn St. George Fr $80+/Nt Expedia
- $31.17 & up : Midsize rentals in Cedar City Hotwire
- Look no Further! St. George Hotels Fr $80+/Nt — $80 Travelocity
- $28.50 & up : Economy rentals in Cedar City — $29 Hotwire