Sports and the Outdoors
Contact the Kingdom Trails Association for details and maps.
East Burke Sports. East Burke Sports rents mountain bikes, kayaks, and skis, and provides guides for cycling, hiking, paddling, skiing, and snowshoeing. 439 Rte. 114, East Burke, VT, 05832. 802/626-3215. www.eastburkesports.com.
The Village Sport Shop. The Village Sport Shop rents bikes, canoes, kayaks, paddleboats, rollerblades, skis, and snowshoes. 511 Broad St., Lyndonville, VT, 05851. 802/626-8448. www.villagesportshop.com.
Burke Mountain. About an hour's drive from Montpelier is Burke Mountain. Racers stick to the Training Slope, served by its own poma lift. The other 44 trails and glades are a quiet playground. 1 Mountain Rd., East Burke, VT, 05832. 802/626-3322. www.skiburke.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $68.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Burlington Hotwire
- 3.5-Star Sheraton Burlington and Conference Center Fr $152+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $51/night less
- $9.95 & up : Economy rentals in Burlington Hotwire
- $105.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Burlington — $105 Hotwire
- $15.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Burlington — $16 Hotwire