Tucked along the southern shore of Caspian Lake, Greensboro has been a summer resort for literati, academics, and old-money types for more than a century. Yet it exudes an unpretentious, genteel character where most of the people running about on errands seem to know each other. A town beach is right off the main street.
Elsewhere in Northern Vermont
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Visit Burlington for Less: Hotels Fr $105+/Nt Travelocity
- 3-Star Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Harbor Fr $229+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $50/night less
- $8.24 & up : Compact rentals in Burlington Hotwire
- $132.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Burlington — $132 Hotwire
- $12.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Burlington — $13 Hotwire