- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Inn at Little Washington Review
What began as a small-town eatery in 1978 has grown into a legend. The rich interior of the three-story white-frame inn is the work of Joyce Conway-Evans, who has designed theatrical sets and rooms in English royal houses. Plush canopy beds, marble bathrooms, and fresh flowers make the rooms sumptuous. If you need more space, the Inn also has two luxurious cottages: the 3,200-square-foot Claiborne House and the smaller but equally charming Gamekeeper's Cottage, both steps from the main inn. Chef Patrick O'Connell's much-loved New American food is served in a slate-floor dining room with William Morris wallpaper, and his restaurant consistently wins respect from international critics. For $350-$450 per person, gourmands can reserve a seat at the Chef's Table to watch the kitchen in action. The seven-course prix-fixe dinner is $148-$178 per person (depending on the day of the week and not including wine and drinks); rooms are equally pricey, with the Claiborne House topping out at $2,570 per night. There are also additional rate surcharges on weekends and during peak seasons.
With only 30 tables, the dining room at the Inn at Little Washington is an intimate setting to enjoy a decadent multicourse meal. Chef Patrick O'Connell treats diners to upscale American cuisine in the form of a set prix-fixe menu that changes with the seasons. Look for delicacies like lamb loin served over parsley risotto with roasted-garlic–ramp custard and morel mushrooms, or new twists on classic dishes like macaroni and cheese with Virginia country ham and shaved black summer truffle.
- Address: 309 Middle St., at Main. St., Washington, VA, 22747 | Map It
- Phone: 540/675-3800
- Website: www.theinnatlittlewashington.com
- Location: Washington
- 18 rooms, 3 suites, 2 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Hotel and restaurant closed Tues. except in May and Oct.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Days Inn Airport-Roanoke in May: $72 & Up Expedia
- Save in Lynchburg: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $122+/Nt Expedia
- $13.95 & up : Compact rentals in Roanoke Hotwire
- Save in Roanoke: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $135+/Nt — $135 Expedia
- $14.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Roanoke — $15 Hotwire
My mom (62) and I (32) wanted to enjoy a long weekend away together over the MLK holiday. Read more
Hotel: Henry Clay Inn, $208 total for 2 nights, http://www.henryclayinn.com/
Dinners: Iron Horse Restaurant: $50.33 before tip. http://www.ironhorserestaurant.com/
Trackside Grill: $28.77 before tip. http://www.tracksidegrill.org/ Read more
I am in the beginning stages of planning a three week road trip out of Nashville (I'll be flying in). Read more
· News & Features
Celebrate Presidents Day today with a trip to the plantation home of our third Commander-in-Chief, Thomas... Read more