- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Getting Here and Around
By car, Fredericksburg is easily accessible from Interstate 95 or Route 1, about an hour north of Richmond or south of Washington, D.C. The unmanned Fredericksburg train station is two blocks from the historic district. You can ride FRED, Fredericksburg's excellent little bus, for only 50¢. Several lines serve the region and stop at all historic sites as well as shopping malls and other modern areas of the city from 7:30 am to 8 pm.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines