Williamsburg and Hampton Roads Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Williamsburg Outlet Shopping
You can find many outlet malls less than 10 minutes west of Colonial Williamsburg, in the tiny town of Lightfoot. If you're driving from Richmond to Williamsburg on I-64, take Exit 234 west to Lightfoot. When you reach U.S. 60 (Richmond Road), the outlets—both freestanding and in shopping centers—are on both sides of the road. Most outlet shops are open Monday-Saturday 10-9, Sunday 10-6. In January and February some stores close weekdays at 6.
The largest of the outlets, Prime Outlets at Williamsburg has more than 85 stores. Liz Claiborne, L. L. Bean, Waterford-Wedgwood, Eddie Bauer, Coach, Tommy Hilfiger, Brooks Bros., Nike, Guess, Nautica, and Cole Haan are all here. U.S. 60, Lightfoot, VA. 757/565-0702. www.primeoutlets.com.
The Williamsburg Pottery Factory is an attraction in itself, and the parking area is usually crammed with tour buses. Covering 200 acres, the enormous store sells luggage, clothing, furniture, food and wine, china, crystal, and—its original commodity—pottery. Individual stores such as Pfaltzgraff are within the compound. U.S. 60 W, Lightfoot, VA. 757/564-3326. www.williamsburgpottery.com.
The Williamsburg Outlet Mall has more than 60 shops, including Pendleton, Lee, Healthtex, Avon, and Lee/Wrangler. U.S. 60 W, Lightfoot, VA. 757/565-3378. www.williamsburgoutletmall.com.
Patriot Plaza has Lenox, Villeroy & Boch, Orvis, Lenox, and other factory outlets. 3032 Richmond Rd., Lightfoot, VA. 757/258-0767.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines