- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tree-shaded Pasco, a college town and the Franklin County seat, is an oasis of green on the Columbia River near a site where the Lewis and Clark expedition made camp in 1805. The city began as a railroad switchyard and now has a busy container port. The neoclassical Franklin County Courthouse (1907) is worth a visit for its fine marble interior.
The Pasco Basin has first-rate vineyards and wineries and some of the state's most fertile land. You can purchase the regional bounty at the farmers' market, held downtown every Wednesday and Saturday morning during the growing season.
Pasco at a Glance
Elsewhere in Eastern Washington
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $102.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Moses Lake Hotwire
- Starting Fr $77: Great Moses Lake Price Save with Hotels.com, $8/night less
- 11% OFF Ramada at Spokane Airport! 4 Nts + Air Fr $769 Travelocity
- $12.95 & up : Compact rentals in Spokane Hotwire
- Book 3 Nts in Moses Lake this May Fr $86+/Nt — $86 Save with Expedia, $8/night less